Information and guidance to keep you up-to-date
In accordance with government guidance, our school is fully open, with control measures in place to ensure good cleanliness, hygiene and ventilation.
If your child develops any of the following symptoms, you must not send him/her to school:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot, for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
The Government guidance states that if your child has any of the main symptoms of coronavirus you should:
- Get a test to check if they have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Keep your child at home until you get the test result – they should only leave the home to have a test.
- Other members of the household should also self-isolate until you get the test result (unless they are not required to self-isolate – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/)
Please keep us regularly informed with details of the absence and the results of any COVID-19 tests.
If your child develops coronavirus symptoms while at school, we will:
- reassure and support your child to avoid distress
- isolate them in a safe, but comforting place where they will be with an adult at all times
- phone you immediately and ask you to collect your child straight away and then follow the guidance above
For further information, please go to:
If you have concerns about how your child is coping in these difficult times, we will support you in any way we can. Please speak to your child’s teacher or to Mrs Ashley (Family Liaison). You can also find help and advice on the following websites: