Information and guidance to keep you up-to-date
We are delighted to be able to welcome you all back to school and extend a warm welcome to all the new families who are joining us. Please remember to keep to the measures we have in place to reduce the risks to children, staff and yourselves:
- observe social distancing when dropping off and collecting your child
- arrive at the time you have been given for drop off and collection, and not before
- only allow your child to bring in a small bag for their reading book and contact book, rather than a large rucksack
If your child develops any of the following symptoms, you must not send him/her to school:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot, for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
The Government guidance states that if your child has any of the main symptoms of coronavirus you should:
- Get a test to check if they have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get the test result – only leave your home to have a test.
- Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get the result.
Please keep us regularly informed with details of the absence and the results of any COVID-19 tests.
If your child develops coronavirus symptoms while at school, we will:
- reassure and support your child to avoid distress
- isolate them in a safe, but comforting place where they will be with an adult at all times
- phone you immediately and ask you to collect your child straight away and then follow the guidance above
For further information, please go to:
If you have concerns about how your child is coping in these difficult times, we will support you in any way we can. Please speak to your child’s teacher or to Mrs Ashley (Family Liaison). You can also find help and advice on the following websites: